Blog based template

MODULE 6: LOOKING TO THE FUTURE

MODULE 6: LOOKING TO THE FUTURE

Preparing for the Digital University: A Review of the History and Current State of Distance, Blended, and Online Learning. Retrieved from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation website: http://linkresearchlab.org/PreparingDigitalUniversity.pdf

Future Technology Infrastructures for Learning (pages 199-230)

What?

This book provide the insights of future technology infrastructure including educational softwares and platforms. I can learn from this chapter that educational softwares or platform have several elements of control, integration, ownership, and structure and these elements can impact on the quality of learning and teaching activities. Also, the authors highlight the equitable model is important in education.

So What?

Competency-based education was the thing I was interested in my previous career in Korea so I was curious about the Tex which gives students competency-based educational system. This help students to build their personal profile related to their chosen career and interest so instructors can customize learning contents according to the students’ learning experiecnes and needs. I would like to know more about this personalized learning systems and effectiveness of this system.

Now What?

These day, personalized learning seems to ba a crucial norm in education field and distance learning or online learning can help to practice this idea of personalized learning. My though is that online learning is not a mandatory option to everyone, but this can be an option for someone who have a specific desire to learn. Empowering students to choose their own learning ways and flexibility will be more important and educators should think about how to design this learning environments.